This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI video and audio how to work out of the box

Hello, I just wanna ask. Is it possible to plug my hdmi to my TV and everything to works out of the box. I want to have the same picture in both monitors and the hdmi sound. I can't have the same picture on both monitors (closed source nvidua drivers) and to activate hdmi sound I have to deactivate the analog sound channel. Basically I want to do everything automatically like Windows. Is it possible?

orestis:

Basically I want to do everything automatically like Windows. Is it possible?
    Probably not. But it is not that hard either. I just did that today. There are gui tools that do the work for you. You just have to choose the settings.

Frank.
    Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Comment

Old thread, but having sent my laptop output to my TV several times over the last week, it still requires opening two gui's, one for sound and one for video. It would be nice if there was a script to perform those functions, with one click, and another to go back to laptop. I found some scripts on the net, but I am not a script guru to know if they are usable. Any script experts out there who would be interested in taking this up.

Kubuntu 14.10
      Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
      Always consider Occam's Razor
      Rich

Comment

The ARCH guys have a lot of stuff is this department:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xrandr

I think the "trick" setup would be to have a script automatically activated when you connect the TV.

Fill in the details and maybe someone can help you....

Please Read Me

Comment

Not looking for automatic, just an icon click. I will check out the Arch links, thanks.
          Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
          Always consider Occam's Razor
          Rich

Comment

Working...
          X