X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] Stop "plasma-desktop" taskbar button appearing after login

Hi all,

Every time I login to Kubunutu 14.04 amd64 I have a "plasma-desktop" taskbar button and a small window in the top left of my display.

I can close the small window using the "X" which also removes the taskbar button but it is annoying having to do this every time I login to my laptop.

How can I stop this from appearing?

Many thanks for your help!

P.S. I've been using Linux for many years but have only recently started using Kubuntu and so far life has been good! :-)

Delete it, then go to System Settings -> Startup and Shutdown -> Session Management and choose Start with an empty session.

Comment

Many thanks the idea but unfortunately after a restart it is still there! What else can I try?

Comment

Can you take a photo of your screen and post it here?

Comment

Sure thing - here it is. You can see the small Window in the top left that corresponds to the errant "plasma-desktop" taskbar icon. Many thanks for your continued help!

Comment

Anyone has luck with this issue? I have exactly the same situation. It is quite annoying...

Comment

I'm afraid not - I still right-click on the taskbar icon and close it every time I start my laptop! Anyone got any ideas?

Comment

Working...
              X