This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My system thinks Dolphin is Firefox!

Hi all - trivial problem, but for a little while now I have had a peculiar issue.

At some point for some reason my system allocated firefox as the default file manager! Whilst I fixed that particular aspect there are a couple of side effects:

1. When I type "dolphin" in the start menu I am greeted by - Dolphin (web browser) and the firefox icon! Editing the menu and changing the entry to file manager and giving it a different icon seems to have no effect as the setting seems persistent i.e next time I try I am greeted with the same thing.

2. When opening a folder it does it with dolphin but shows a firefox item in the panel.

A very small issue I know but irritating. If I launch dolphin as root (yes I know I shouldn't!) I get the normal file manager icon so I'm assuming the issue must be somewhere in the /home directory. I have renamed the plasmarc files and the dolphinrc file in the .kde/share/config folder to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this short of zapping the entire .kde file?

Many thanks
    Last edited by The Liquidator; Apr 17, 2013, 05:32 AM. Reason: Added a bit

The only thing I can think of is that maybe some "personal" settings got screwed somewhere. Have you tried creating a new user to see how that user behaves?

Comment

Log out of KDE and delete the subdirectory /var/tmp/kdecache-$USER. Your next login might take a bit longer. Are your icons back to normal now?

Comment

Working...
      X