X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Panel problem

Hello All.
    With a fresh install of Kubuntu 12.04, I instaled KDE SC 4.10 and rebooted. When the desktop came up, I clicked on the panel cashew and increased the height. When I released the mouse button, the panel became clear except for a white line at the top of the panel. There is nothing in the panel, i.e., no cashew, no icons, and I can't figure out how to remove it. Right clicking on the panel gives me no panel options, only desktop ones, like the panel is not there. I added another panel at the top of the screen, which functions normally. BTW, the panel behaved normally before the installation of KDE SC 4.10 Can anyone help?? Thanks in advance.
    Dave

Like just about everything, panel information is stored in a text file. First, log out of the desktop. When you see the login manager, press Ctrl+Alt+F2 to switch to a console screen. Log in here.

Next, move the existing panel configuration file out of the way:
    Code:
    mv ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc ~/pdarc.bak
    Next, copy the default configuration file into your home directory (this should be all one line, but your browser might wrap the display):
    Code:
    cp /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde4-profile/default/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc ~/.kde/share/config/
    Now type exit to log out. Press Ctrl+Alt+F7 to return to the graphical login manager. Log in. Do you see the default panel now? If so, then delete the file ~/pdarc.bak. If not, then let us know.

Comment

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X