Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

task manager on panel has rekonq icon - how to get rid of it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] task manager on panel has rekonq icon - how to get rid of it?

As in the topic theme I can't get rid of this rekonq icon. I deleted activator but after next login it reappears. And I also have nautilus activator next to rekonq. I accidentally installed Nautilus before as some application dependency but than I removed it. But this activator remained and keeps annoying me. Are there any config files that need to be edited to removed this entries completely?

Dolphin icon I place there myself and it is directly on the panel, while rekonq is I guess some default KDE or Kubuntu setting and it is bound, fixed to the window list.
    Last edited by gnomek; May 19, 2012, 06:11 AM.

If the Panel Widgets aren't locked, then you should just be able to right-click on the Rekonq icon on the panel and select Remove Launcher.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes, I can remove rekonq icon but after login again it reappears. It is somehow connected to task manager/open window list. It doesn't behave like normal icon that I add from Menu by right click and add to panel option.

Comment

This makes me think that you aren't actually closing Rekonq before you shutdown your PC. If you click on the Rekonq icon, it 'maximizes' to your desktop, yes? With Rekonq running, are you using File | Close | Quit, or are you clicking on the X button in the upper right corner?

You can also check System Settings > Startup and Shutdown > Session Management > On Login and check Start with an empty session.
        Last edited by Snowhog; May 19, 2012, 02:17 PM.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I checked these options and I have them set: "Cloze current session" when shutting down and "Start with an empty session".
          Have a look:
          http://img22.otofotki.pl/obrazki/pg888_nautilus.png
          When I point mouse to the area between Dolphin icon and rekonq icon I can see that there is something that refers to Nautilus. When I click on it I get:
          http://img22.otofotki.pl/obrazki/bp439_reqonq.png
          KDEinit cannot run 'usr/bin/nautilus'
          I guess there is en entry about Nautilus in KDEinit config or in another config, maybe window list config.
          You can also see that when I clicked on rekonq icon it opened rekonq and this icon disappeared and a normal tab on window's list shows. Then when I close rekonq with Alt+F4 it closes but this icon stays. I didn't see any File | Close | Quit in rekonq.

Edit:
          Finally I was able to get rid of it. I removed this activators, removed window's list, logged out, logged in, added window's list and now it's ok.
          Anyway, thank you for help Snowhog.
          Last edited by gnomek; May 20, 2012, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X