X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DBUS Help

Hello guys

This is not KDE related but system related, and i'm hoping that someone can shed a light on me.

When a user login remotely via ssh -X or with Freenx, X2go, this user will have all sort of problems with permissions to access DBUS.
    KDE Crashes with several attempts to establish a connection to DBUS, even the printer-applet doesn't work.

I've been messing with dbus and changing files like /etc/dbus-1/system.d/com.redhat.NewPrinterNotification.conf and changing deny's to allow and got printer-applet to work.
    I've done the same to oher files, but this method it seems to be clumbesome and destined to fail after a dbus update.

Does any of you guys know of any other smarter way to manage this? Isn't any group that will allow a remote user on a random display to have the same permissions as a local logged user?

Example of log output errors.
    May 15 15:21:01 Code5-i386 console-kit-daemon[11015]: WARNING: Could not acquire name; bailing out
    May 15 15:21:01 Code5-i386 dbus[9178]: [system] Activating service name='org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1' (using servicehelper)

May 15 15:21:26 Code5-i386 console-kit-daemon[11224]: WARNING: Failed to acquire org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit: Connection ":1.87" is not allowed to own the service "org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" due to security policies in the configuration file

Many thanks for any help that anyone can provide.
    Distributor ID: Ubuntu
    Description: Ubuntu Trusty Tahr (development branch)
    Release: 14.04
    Codename: trusty

Hello Guys,

since this post was opened at X2GO too, http://wiki.x2go.org , and at first i thought that the problem was from X2GO but it isn't.
    I've starting working with Kubuntu Oneiric doing the same setup and it works a lot better except a problem wih the printer-applet that is easy to solve.

Here goes the copy of the text sent to x2go Mailing List.

[----copy-----]

Hello ML.

Just to update the subject.

It seems that there are problems with KDE 4.8.X and although I’ve managed to circumvent most of the problems with DBUS by changing some of the policies.

X2GO with Kubuntu 11.10 and KDE 4.7.X doesn't have the Kwin problems.

For those interested in implementing a full Open Source Desktop with latest KDE will have to struggle with this problem.

If by any means someone goes through the same problem I'm willing to help resolve the issues although I'm back to 11.10 by this time.

I'm implementing a full KDE 4 Open Source Desktop Environment to work as DaaS with complete KIOSK mode. KDE 4 Kiosk mode is still not perfect but it's almost there. Still struggling with panel resize, and all of the JavaScript plasma Updates fail on X2GO because of the display when using functions like these:

p = panelById(panelIds[0]);
    if (typeof p === "undefined") {
    print("E: Couldn't find first panel");
    exit();
    }

//p.length = screenGeometry(0).width;
    p.length = screenGeometry(p.screen).width;

Regards,

Helmer Teles
    http://hteles.wordpress.com

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
      X