This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Kubuntu netbook lost icons away from my desktop

I just inatalled kubuntu netbook 10.04 in may Acer Aspire One a150 (ZG5). This system is not intended for my personal use but my wife and little son so I began creating an user account for me since I guessed that it would get near to root privileges. But, I don't know when neither how my desktop items desappeared altough this wasn't a great problem for me. Then I made the user acounts for my wife and son and they had all their brand new items on their desktops.
    That's why I think I really don't miss any software piece or library but a misconfigured file for my desktop. Any help at this point to recover my pretty desktop?
    Thank you

Do you mean you are missing the folder view widget which show (and allows you to manipulate) files and folders on your desktop (by default it displays the contents of ~/Desktop). You can add it back by right clicking the desktop -> add widgets -> find and drag the Folder View widget back to the desktop. (assuming widgets are unlocked)

Or do you mean the search and launch activity (that lets you search for and launch applications from your desktop?) you can add this back by right clicking your desktop -> Desktop settings (or similar) -> View -> change layout to Search and Launch.
    Last edited by james147; Apr 15, 2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

ok, now I can understand, james you are a great sorcerer to understand my explanation, thank you very much. I did right click on my desktop and found the setup dialog with three items:
      1.- Desktop background
      2.- Activity
      3.- Mouse actions
      (this is my translation from spanish)
      Then I found that I can choose from four different "activities" at the right side of the dialog box:
      1.- Desktop
      2.- Folder view
      3.- Search and launch container
      4.- Diary activity
      So I just choosed the third one and clicked on apply.

Comment

Sorry, I think that I should make myself clear: my problem was solved with a few words from james147.
        Thank you, very much.

Comment

Working...
        X