Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a was to get rid of akonaid error messages?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a was to get rid of akonaid error messages?

The titel pretty much says it all. After opening kontact, I get those error messages (can't fetch item from backend). But that's not really the case, akonadi just needs more time, and eventually everything gets loaded and synced and stuff. So the most annoying part is those error messages. Is there a way to silence them?

forgot to say that I use Caldav (6 Calendars on different locations) and Carddav (2 addressbooks) and IMAP (3 accounts) resources quite a lot, and try to avoid google resources (they keep on asking me for password and complain about wrong username/password and stuff).

Comment

Hi AlmaTlust

The nags are probably the continuing situation with mySQL disconnecting, or something, from Google or that Google has something going on that causes it. I can't get a line on particularly what is going on, either nobody knows or they aren't talking.

When it disconnects and then Kontact attempts to check later it will try, for me, at least 10 times. I have to click the box that many times.

As to the password, Akonadi assumes that you have Kwallet installed and wants a password from it.

If you have Kwallet and didn't do the password, then delete the IMAP in Akonadi setup and when you add it back then it will ask for your password for the machine and then it will hand off to Akonadi where you have the Google password, or whatever already entered, assumedly.

Caldav does not, I think, per se, look for a Kwallet password but it might.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
      X