Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, as of the date of this post, after a five minute update of Linux headers and the like, there was no obvious update of Kontact or Akonadi/Nepomuk, the calendar function of Kontact is now working, as is Contacts, but not Ktimetracker.

I am specifically speaking about connexion with Google calendar and Google contacts. I do not know about other calendars like Yahoo.

However, to accomplish the update, apparently, the update removed the akonadi resource for calendar and contacts.

I had to go to System settings/ personal information / akonadi resources configuration and "add" the google calendar and akonadi resources for contacts.

But, that was small enough effort on my part compared to what has had to really be giving the Devs fits about getting the calendar backend funtional again.

GOOD JOB devs!!

woodsmoke

Comment

bug: why kcalendar works/does not work gcalendar.

Kcalendar Akonadi google calendar resource does not store keep password.

First let me say that Kcalendar and gcalendar DO work together, once one has set up the Akonadi resource for google calendar data.

One must DOWNLOAD it from the repos to get it into Akonadi on your machine. The setup is just your google e-mail address and your password.

There is a "bug" in Kcalendar's back end "keeping your password". The simple fix, which has to be done whenever the calendar is checked is to go to Akonadi calendar or to Kcalendar settings and re-enter the password. It will almost immediately thereafter sync gcalendar and Kcalendar.

Actually, this is not that BIG of a bug in that one knows when one is changing the calendar and one probably does not do that too often compared to incoming and outgoing e-mails.

But, to EMPHASIZE, it has been reported as a bug and is acknowledged as a bug, just last month.
      Last edited by woodsmoke; Jan 29, 2012, 09:30 PM.

Comment

LOL, yes quite right
        As of 4:35 local time, the akonadi google calendar resource is not either holding the password, etc. or is just not functioning. Kmail and contacts are functioning.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
        X