This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External HDMI fail on Oneiric

This has probably been my biggest issue with kubuntu over the past few releases with varied results.

So yesterday I was trying to connect my laptop to a HDTV to watch a film.

3 different TV's tried with identical results:

1. Display is cut off and doesn't follow resolution of the laptop, even though the TV is capable of the same resolution (though this also happens in windows).

2. I cannot switch the display off on the laptop at all to display through external device only.
    In previous kubuntu releases I was able to press the display key on my laptop to automatically do this but in Oneiric the key does nothing.

3. No sound plays through the external TV, only through the laptop. This is something I have had particular problems with in the past. At one time I had to install pulseaudio stuff but in more recent times I was able to switch the audio output in system settings.
    In Oneiric, there are no other audio outputs listed at all.

This is all very disappointing and in this respect, kubuntu seems to have regressed.
    Even more disappointing when I eventually resorted to booting into Windows 7 and it popped up display options to use as a display extension or as projector only and sound automatically worked without problems.
Working...
X