• Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for Ubuntu (brownish) theme for KDE

Please give me url or name of theme.
    I am moving all my user to Kubuntu so I will try to please many eyes

Re: looking for Ubuntu (brownish) theme for KDE

Hi Sartic.

Wellll ya can't get much more "Brown" that this one!

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...?content=42746

However, you can just click the "themes" link at the top left and go down around the 65th page or so, depending on your display, in other words go to "K" and then to Ku... and you will find a lot of themes for Kubuntu.

Hope this helps a little.

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke
      Hi Sartic.

Wellll ya can't get much more "Brown" that this one!

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...?content=42746
      I wouldn't use that one specific - "Updated: Aug 2 2006" would depend on KDE 3.x, something to have in mind if you find any themes you like .. choose kde 4.x themes and styles (I've made this mistake many times )

However, you can just click the "themes" link at the top left and go down around the 65th page or so, depending on your display, in other words go to "K" and then to Ku... and you will find a lot of themes for Kubuntu.

Hope this helps a little.

woodsmoke
      Ya, thereś plenty for everyone there you wouldn't have any trouble to make it look like Ubuntu/Gnome, Win vista, Win 7 or OS X. Easiest way to do it though I would say through System Settings >> Workspace Appearance &/or Application Appearance

Good luck ... and I like brown .. I just really prefer KDE over Gnome

/Jonas
      ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
      Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
      Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
      Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
      - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
      >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Didn't find any working. And theme is not only theme, there is window decoration, etc....
        I thought it would be simple like in Gnome2

Comment

Hi Jonas,
          yep, i agree with your comment, I did notice the date, and also noticed the reply down below that at least one fellow couldn't get it to work, and was going to add a "disclaimer" but then thought it might "scare him off" so didn't.

actually I thought about it long and hard...so hard that I was forced to subsequently recline on the couch and rest my synapses with a short nap!

wooddoesn'tlikeububrownsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by sartic
            Didn't find any working. And theme is not only theme, there is window decoration, etc....
            I thought it would be simple like in Gnome2
            Actually it is quite simple, yet with more 'options' then with Gnome, thats why I prefer KDE over Gnome play around with it in system settings. Trust me there's more options then in Gnome.

Hi Jonas,
            yep, i agree with your comment, I did notice the date, and also noticed the reply down below that at least one fellow couldn't get it to work, and was going to add a "disclaimer" but then thought it might "scare him off" so didn't.

actually I thought about it long and hard...so hard that I was forced to subsequently recline on the couch and rest my synapses with a short nap!

What!? Brown is the color of wood! and I had a smoke and a nap too! Yup trouble statement like mine do scare some off, but all the options with KDE shouldn't, actually this one thing made me stick with Kubuntu and KDE, Ubuntu/Gnome made me feel crippled. Understand you as with installing 'themes and look' there's no more harm then disappointment that it wont work, hard to brake the system with it (though I've done it on several occasions :P )

who can't love brown!

/J0nas

ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
            Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
            Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
            Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
            - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
            >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

LOL
              LOL
              LOL

I PERSONALLY LOVE...........EMERALD GREEEN!!!!!

[img width=400 height=294]http://thenewantiquarian.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/emerald-city6.jpg[/img]

When I saw the FIRST iteration of what was that ubu distro that wiped out BROWN ubu the first time around...

oops.... it was EMERALD GREEN....can't remember the name of it....

but then they just HAD TO BE DIFFERENT and went to blue and purple and i don't know....

Yellow polka dot bikini ....with.....ooops...

lol
              we all have our own tastes....and preferences....

it is like E-17 .... a GREAT DISTRO...DID iT ALL....but...i mean.... a continually rotating arrow pointer that looked like Richard Harris wanted to have his way with Vanessa Redgrave? I mean give me a break......

Ok I have MANY students appearing in class with "tablets' and they are

SWIPING THAT WINDBLOWS GUI LEFT AND RIGHT AND HAVE NO CLUE.....

what about cygwin?

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8078

What about AfterStep....

If the POWERS THAT BE....had not "decided" that .....wellll WE....don't "like that".....

AFTTERSTep LOOKS A LOT LIKE WHAT IS ON TV......
              only it ius buried on the top righ tof the screeen

http://xwinman.org/afterstep.php

If the POWERS THAT BEEEEEEE had not DISMISSED....AFTER STEP.....

:Linux COULD have had a WM that would have....

TWO YEARS AGO....

beeen fully scalable from a DAM@@# cell phone to a tower....

but no.....

WELL....i know the old woodsmoker is just a ranter....but......stillll

how many TIMES is Linux going to "let MICROSHAFT DO IT"....and we can the POINT FINGERS AND LOOK GOOD TO THE LINUX COMMUNITY.....

it is all about "blinders".....

woodsmoike

Comment

I am using now plastik+oxygen (it is already in os

Comment

wierd - I just posted my recipe for getting a ubuntu look&feel on Kubuntu

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3119407.0

Comment

Thanks for that blackpaw, not only is it good for your "brownish" but I think that it is also a good general list of things to do to make any theme setup.

woodsmoke

Comment

.I have a question. Are there any PPA's around for KDE 4 themes (for Oneiric)? I'm talking about window border and widget styles, not desktop (panel) themes.
                      The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

KDE-Look.org is filled with collections of themes and styles. Typically not as PPAs, though.

Comment

OK thanks.
                          The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Working...
                          X