This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k3b won't "blank" (erase) a Dvd-Rw

I've been using K3b disc burner on my gnome installation of Linux Mint for quite some time....i think it's fantastic...probably one of the best disc burners on Linux, in fact...Brasero is ok but prefer to use K3b...

There is one area that is giving me a problem...Sometimes i want to burn some data on a dvd-rw (such as some divx video files) and i usually want to "blank" (erase) the RW first before having it do the new burning...

When i do this, if there is still space for more files on the rw, K3b does not automatically erase first and just adds on the extra files to the disc when it burns it..
    I've even tried to manually select from "tools" where it says have it format/erase disc, but it won't do that!

The blanking function works fine in Brasero, but i am getting a bit frustrated trying to do it with K3b...And i prefer to use K3b if possible.

Soooo (lol) my question is: How the heck do i get K3b to blank (erase) the data on the RW first before i burn the new data on the disc?

Thanks in advance for all help and input on this...
    I'm using Mint 11 so it has the same version of K3b that is installed in the current Kubuntu 11.04...I also posted to the mint forum, but haven't been able to get any solution so far...

Re: k3b won't "blank" (erase) a Dvd-Rw

Have you tried this multiple times with multiple disks? Sometimes I come across an issue where it won't "overwrite" my disk - I solve it by ejecting the disk and putting it back in - then it erases just fine before burning new content. Other times I've apparently burned something to my disk that can't be overwritten. Sometimes the disks just get locked and you can't overwrite them (this seems to happen to me mostly after burning a disk for Sabayon Linux).
    You like Linux and/or security(hacking)? I've got a site for that! [meeb0@terminallyuncretive ~] $

Comment

Re: k3b won't "blank" (erase) a Dvd-Rw

When programs start playing up I usually find it's config is the culprit.

I note you are running gnome but assume the paths will be the same. Try renaming the file /home/.kde/share/config/k3brc. Next time you run K3b it should be "as new" and might clear the problem.

HTH

Comment

Working...
      X