X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB Microphone (integrated with webcam)

Hello all,

I have a Logitech Webcam with integrated microphone. With Skype the microphone doesn't function, although a second device connected via the sound card works just fine. Does anyone not as new to Kubuntu as me have any thoughts?

I'm running 64 bit Kubuntu 11.04, finally completing the break from M$soft.

NB The microphone works just fine with Win 7 and also with Ubuntu and the Unity desktop and, for what it's worth, I have RTFM and hurt my head with Kmix settings, but remain stuck!

Thanks for any input.

Peter HB

Re: USB Microphone (integrated with webcam)

This might help: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...8300#msg268300

Comment

if it is working in Ubuntu, you may just have to install pavucontrol to select the device.

I must be lucky, I went and bought an open-box Logitech C510 webcam from Best Buy for a dirt cheap price, and it simply Just Works. While i have never used it in Skype outside of configuration, I was able to select it in Pavucontrol. A bit too fiddly.

Now in Google+ (rather Google chat) you have the option to select your mic input if you have more than one. No fiddling with any controls or mixers. It just worked. You might want to check it out if you want to explore another video chat option.

Comment

Many thanks for your helpful response. I installed pavucontrol as advised and can see that the microphone is fully functional - it's picking up the white noise from my speakers - and I selected it as the fallback device and muted the internal microphone. Still no joy with Skype. If I had any hair left I would be tearing it out by now

It looks like a hard grind to find the differences between Kubuntu and stock Ubuntu.

Comment

Working...
        X