This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'unable to create io-slave' issues

The strangest thing has been happening with amarok and plasma for me, and this is what it is:

I will have amarok playing, and suddenly my notifer will start to spin like something is being done, then the notification

"Unable to create io-slave: klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'amarok-sqltrackuid'."
    will show up, and it will do this forever, I've seen it run up to 17 times and it ruins my ability to do much on my system. The only way to halt it is running 'killall amarok' and then it'll stop. How it ruins my ability to do anything is that my system lags out. I can't click on things and they respond, I've tried killing desktop-effects to no avail[it wouldn't accept the kill input].

I think a related, but different problem is when the notifer will start to spin the same way that it does with the above, but instead of the above message, it simply says "File:" and thats it. Shows a big ole cashew with 'File:" I know it gives no information, but I think it might be slightly related.

I've searched around on the web, and I see a bunch of 'unable to create io-slave" but nothing related to 'amarok-sqltrackuid'. Any advice either to getting it solved, or a work-around would be nice. I hate having to repeatively kill amarok to fix it, and I tried killing plasma once, though that resulted with my task bar going straight through the middle of the screen[I'm trying to resolve it without restarting the computer, though it seems hopeless at the moment]
    Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...
Working...
X