• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[help]resolution problem on kubuntu 9.04 OS[/help]

newbieeeee help.....

i have used some different versions of linux versions on my machine and

they worked perfectly well.......... ,, but ever since my motherboard came

back after repairing there seems same kind of problem occur with every
    linux distro i try to install on my pc ... the resolution size doesnt go beyond 600x800 pixels ... .... there is no option present for that ........

windows 7 run perfectly on 1900x1024 resolution on my 22' monitor but linux versions dont give the option to run it over 600x800rsolutions .. my pc specs are :--

CPU == Core 2 Quad 2.40 GHz
    RAM == 3 GB
    GPU == intel integrated 286 mb graphics memory
    bios == intel before repair it was american metagrands

i m currently running kubuntu9.04

these thins i have tried :--

xrandr --output VGA1 --auto //nothing happened

lspci | grep VGA

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82G33/G31 Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 10)

i can't find any third party hardware drivers for the same ... if u know please help .,... plus usr/bin/jockey-kde crashes every time i search for any propetary driver

any help will be appreciated .... this resolution shatters my hope of good display on my 22' monitor please anyone help

Re: [help]resolution problem on kubuntu 9.04 OS[/help]

Hi...

Welcome to the forums

Out of curiosity, what was wrong with your motherboard and how was it repaired?

Regards...
    Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all! http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/
    How do I know this personally? Please read here: https://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...hn-8-12-36442/
    PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS PODCAST! You don't have to end up here: https://soulchoiceministries.org/pod...i-see-in-hell/

Comment

@ardvark71 :-->
      there was a autoshutdown problem .... when it was gone for repairing i have ubuntu and windows installed on partition ...... smps was also changed .... when it came back it was new motherboard with new processor and since hardware was new .......but HD & RAM was same ....i thought now i have to reinstall windows and ubuntu but when i opened it ubuntu ran properly but with poor resolution after that i reinstalled window (it works properly at ) and ubuntu (again ran with poor resolution)..

now every linux distro gives bad resolution ... i think the previous hardware was configured by linux thats y its giving such problem ....if any solution exist for this problem please help ....

regards
      nicks707

Comment

try this first:
        Code:
        sudo service kdm stop
        sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
        sudo service kdm start
        ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

Working...
        X