This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 10.10 login themes...

How can I change the Kubuntu 10.10 login theme? I go into the settings for it, and I click on the Get New Wallpaper Button, I choose some I want download them, and they never appear, the only one that is there is the default one, nothing else. What do I do?

Re: Kubuntu 10.10 login themes...

I had this problem myself, what I ended up doing is downloading the .tar.gz[or related] files from places such as kde-look.org, and using the 'install' option beside the 'get new themes'. I believe this is a bug[?] of sorts, but when installing the .tar.gz files, it works just fine. You have to unzip them first though. tar zxvf "file_name.tar.gz" will unzip it from the konsole, and you can also unzip it using Dolphin. Hope that helped you out some
    Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

Comment

Thanks, I will try that out!

Comment

post your results when you try it out
        Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

Comment

Just done it and it worked! Thank you so much!

Comment

Your quite welcome. Be sure to put a [solved] onto the title so that people who can be helping with bigger issues don't go through this and find out its been solved already, haha

Comment

Working...
            X