This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on 4.6.2

Just wanted to get feedback on 4.6.2 and if the Repos are complete. Anyone with issues on 10.10?

Re: Advice on 4.6.2

Not using KDE 4.6.2 - yet - on 10.10, but in 11.04, I had to do the dist-upgrade twice to get all the updgraded packages pulled/installed. It's likely that in 10.10 the same *might* be true. As always, I do ALL my package management from the console. So, if you are going to 'do the deed', then from the console:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    When that finishes and you are at the prompt, repeat the two commands. You will likely find, as I did, that additional packages are identified for upgrade/installation. When that is finished, do it a third time just to ensure there are no more packages.

NOTICE!
    MAKE SURE THAT BEFORE YOU DO THE ABOVE, THAT IF YOU ARE USING ANY NON-STANDARD REPOSITORIES THAT YOU DISABLE THEM FIRST. YOU CAN REENABLE THEM AFTER THE KDE UPGRADE IS FULLY COMPLETE.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Packages are complete but there is one file which is in dire need of fixing so that the computer can be shutdown or rebooted. See the changes that need to be made to kdmrc in my post at http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3116268.0

Comment

I think it worked better on Maverick than it does on Natty, but Natty's still in beta
          we see things not as they are, but as we are.
          -- anais nin

Comment

I upgrade from kde 4.5 to 4.6.2. Then, I can't get my desktop started. Everytime after the wallpaper shows, a segment fault occurs and the desktop stop showing anything else but the wallpaper.

Will I be able to solve the problem if I do a release upgrade from 10.10 to 11.04 alpha? Will the problematic packages of kde 4.6.2 be purged?

Comment

Thanks everyone! Gives me what I need to tread lightly!

Comment

Actually I don't know what I'm thinking. I'm going to be going over to Natty when released so this would be a waste of time. I'll just wait until Natty. Thanks for the feed back anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
                  Actually I don't know what I'm thinking. I'm going to be going over to Natty when released so this would be a waste of time. I'll just wait until Natty. Thanks for the feed back anyway.
                  As it stands right now, natty kubuntu is the best kubuntu I have installed to date. And its still in the testing phase. I have found very few areas of any real concern. The shutdown was one.

The other two areas are coming from KDE. One are the fonts - I can't seem to get them right. I prefer Ubuntu's fonts over any other os,

Then there's the akonadi interference. I've read and applied every know fix I can get my hands on and yet kmail still brings up akonadi errors. I've fixed the reading mail, its now sending mail that's the problem.
                  Boot Info Script

Comment

Working...
                  X