X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] installing and configuring DVB-s card

This is now solved thanks to Toad

Hi
    As an absolute newbie to forums please bear with me if I am in the wrong place or if this has already been answered or solved.
    I would like to know if there is a step by step guide to installing a DVB-s card? Do I have to install drivers etc before the likes of Kaffeine etc will see the card?
    Any help much appreciated.

Re: installing and configuring DVB-s card

Linux doesn't normally require drivers (apart from proprietary stuff like nvidia). You should just be able to plug it in (in case it is a usb card check "lsusb" to see whether it is listed, if it is a pci card check "lspci"), start kaffeine and off you go.
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply Toad
      For your guidance, LSPCI lists the card and Kaffeine is able to tune channels but when I try play I get error "No available device found". Any suggestions?

Comment

Update and breaking news!

Its working thanks! I had to close Kaffeine and re-open and now it works beautifully. Thanks again for your advice.
        I mucked about with this card for many hours on Ubuntu so imagine my joy!

Comment

Working...
        X