This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change KDE busy cursor icon

First off, I apologize if I've broken any forum rules. I asked for help over at the Ubuntu forums yesterday, but I haven't gotten any responses, so I thought I'd try my luck here. This is what I posted at ubuntuforums.org ...

I downloaded Angry Birds for windows, and it runs perfectly through wine. Then, I wanted to add a link with an angry birds icon to my Desktop... so I made a simple bash script to run Angry Birds, and saved it to my bin. Using "link to application" (when I right click on the Desktop and go to "Create New"), I placed an Angry Birds icon on my desktop.

Obviously it all works fine, but when I click on the icon, KDE's busy cursor doesn't "bounce" the Angry Birds icon. Instead, the general applications icon (the gear) bounces. How can I change the busy cursor icon so that it's unique for a specific application?
    Thanks for reading.

Re: Change KDE busy cursor icon

I'm not sure, that short of modifying the source code and recompiling the busy cursor icon, that you can do what you want.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

On my end, the "bouncing icon" icon uses the icon of the launcher.

If I create a desktop link to application and set a custom icon (via it's properties dialog), the bouncing icon also uses the same icon (even if the link actually calls a script that starts a program).

My KDE is 4.6.1.

Comment

Cool! I just tried that. Dragged/dropped two apps in my Quicklauncher to the desktop. Launched each from the desktop and yes, the bouncy cursor took the icon of the app.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I think the OPs problem is that the angry birds icon has simply been placed on the desktop as a signpost to a script.

@decktrio - If you hit the kmenu button and type angry in the search box does the icon appear? If so your solution is :

Right click and unlock widgets
          Hit kmenu and type angry
          Drag the icon onto the desktop
          Right click and lock widgets.

On a general point, this forum is much smaller than the ubuntu one. As a result, I have found that many questions that are asked on the ubuntu forum disappear from the front page before anyone has attempted to answer them. It is also correct to say that the majority on the ubuntu forum are using gnome and so won't/can't answer kde specifc questions. So welcome here and stick around

Comment

Originally posted by The Liquidator
            I think the OPs problem is that the angry birds icon has simply been placed on the desktop as a signpost to a script.
            That shouldn't matter, desktop links to a script follow the same rule, at least on my KDE 4.6.1:
            If I create a desktop link to application and set a custom icon (via it's properties dialog), the bouncing icon also uses the same icon (even if the link actually calls a script that starts a program).

Comment

Working...
            X