This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Application icon weirdness in panel

I've just upgraded (via clean install) to 10.10. I always put a few specific apps in my panel and, historically, I've changed their icons once they're already there. It used to be a simple, straightforward process starting with a right-click on the app in the panel and stepping through changing its icon. Now, although right-click yields a choice called "Icon settings," things don't look or work like they did before.

First, you can no longer just select the icon and be taken to where you can choose a new one. You have to select "Edit file type" and then select the icon. But here's where it gets really strange: I changed--or thought I had--the icons for VLC and KWrite, but neither of them appeared to change after saving my edits.

Not only that, but they BOTH now show the icon I chose for KWrite, as well as its info under "Application preference order," i.e., they both show lists of text editors. AND, even though I did nothing to the GIMP's or SeaMonkey's settings, they ALSO show the icon I assigned KWrite and its text editor-related info.

To be clear, I mean ONLY within their "icon settings" screen, NOT in my panel. In my panel they're stuck with their default icons--not even the icons I changed them to in my menu--and they launch the correct programs (VLC, the GIMP, etc.).

So, after my long-winded description , my question is, how do I actually CHANGE an app's icon in my panel?
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Working...
X