X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to kde 4.6.1

During the upgrade routine I get this message in synaptic:

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/kde-l10n-engb_4%3a4.6.1-0ubuntu1~maverick1~ppa1_all.deb: trying to overwrite '/usr/share/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/khtmlsettingsplugin.mo', which is also in package konq-plugins-l10n 4
    E: /var/cache/apt/archives/kde-l10n-nl_4%3a4.6.1-0ubuntu1~maverick1~ppa1_all.deb: trying to overwrite '/usr/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/rellinks.mo', which is also in package konq-plugins-l10n 4
    Is this a bug?
    Erwin
    Kubuntu 13.04 KDE 4.10.3
    Linux-user since 2005

Re: Upgrade to kde 4.6.1

Originally posted by ErwinC
    During the upgrade routine I get this message in synaptic:

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/kde-l10n-engb_4%3a4.6.1-0ubuntu1~maverick1~ppa1_all.deb: trying to overwrite '/usr/share/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/khtmlsettingsplugin.mo', which is also in package konq-plugins-l10n 4
    E: /var/cache/apt/archives/kde-l10n-nl_4%3a4.6.1-0ubuntu1~maverick1~ppa1_all.deb: trying to overwrite '/usr/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/rellinks.mo', which is also in package konq-plugins-l10n 4
    Is this a bug?
    Yes, it seems to be a packaging bug. I am also getting the same error.

Comment

sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/kde-l10n-engb_4%3a4.6.1-0ubuntu1~maverick1~ppa1_all.deb

sudo apt-get install -f
      sudo dpkg --configure -a

This should allow the upgrade to proceed. You may need to run dist-upgrade again after this finishes.
      We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Originally posted by doctordruidphd
        sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/kde-l10n-engb_4%3a4.6.1-0ubuntu1~maverick1~ppa1_all.deb

sudo apt-get install -f
        sudo dpkg --configure -a

This should allow the upgrade to proceed. You may need to run dist-upgrade again after this finishes.
        Thanks doctordruidphd, it worked!

Comment

Thanks, it worked for me too.
          Erwin
          Kubuntu 13.04 KDE 4.10.3
          Linux-user since 2005

Comment

that fixed my issues as well. many thanks

Comment

Working...