This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Application Crash

I am using Ubuntu since last 5 years but I didn't face such problem . I am using Kubuntu 10.4 since few days. I am getting too many application crash messages. I have reported bug already but today I'm just updating my software and i got a crash message. and i carelessly close the window without reading the message.

Bingo!!!!

my whole screen get black and menu and windows disappeared but update is still running in terminal. I restart my computer several time but after logging in same black screen. I think everything is working properly but nothing is visible.

Re: Kubuntu Application Crash

Maybe a video driver issue or xorg.conf got corrupted. Are you able to get to Konsole and post the contents of
    Code:
    cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    ??

Comment

1) DON'T bother doing what buckeyered80 did (sorry buck but I don't think it will help us in this case)

DO post the output of
      Code:
      cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log
      . Any thing with an [EE] next to it is an error that we need to understand.

2) We need to know some background. What video card? What video driver? Did you upgrade to 10.04 from a previous distro?

3) When your whole screen goes black and the update is still running does it finish without errors?
      Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
      Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
      Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

No problem dude...checking the log is not a bad place to start.

Comment

Thanks guys,

can you tell me some more details how to restore previous session through log

Comment

You really need to be more specific here. Are you able to log in to a terminal? Did you get the errors from the log that I requested? How about some more information about your video card setup?

...sometimes I wonder where the trolls are in KFN.
            Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
            Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
            Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Working...
            X