This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiny text after game crash

The following is more annoying than a major problem. A reboot (or maybe even logout/login) fixes it. Just wondering if there's a quicker way to fix.

So I launch a game which changed my desktop resolution to 800x600. Usually when games do this and I exit the game it goes back to my normal resolution 1024x768 (laptop's native res) and all is good. This time the game crashed leaving my res at 800x600. I go to system settings and change the res back to 1024x768. Now when I open a terminal the text in there is really really tiny. Same for the text in the panel where the task manager is.

Is there a quick way to get the text back to normal without rebooting? Or a way to make it not happen in the first place?

[edit]
    Just realised that I could check for an option in the game for keeping the res at 1024x768. Might help in the future.

Re: Tiny text after game crash

Hi,

If this happens again, maybe you can try to logout, choose the option to re-start the X (display) server in the login manager, and then login again. That should do!

Comment

Working...
    X