This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Customization Questions

I have three questions regarding customization on Maverick.

1. How do I change the color of the bluish glow in the Oxygen theme?

2. I there a widget or something that can tint my background/wallpaper?

3. is Compiz friendly with Kubuntu Maverick?
    Motherboard:ASUS P5Q SE PLUS<br />Videocard:EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB<br />Ram:G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB)<br />Processor:Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz

Re: Three Customization Questions

1) system settings>workspace appearance (or something like that) will enable you to customize different aspects of the oxygen theme.

2) I don't know what this means exactly. If you right-click on the desktop and go to desktop settings, you can change the color of your plasma background.

3) from what I've heard, yes it is, though if you search on here you'll find that there's some touch-up required to make compiz "play nice" with kwin. It's always fun to experiment though!

note:
    I'm currently on 10.04 LL but I have no reason to suspect that 10.10 is any different about these things.
    Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
    Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
    Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Sorry, it's actually the Oxygen window decoration, not the theme, under "Configure Decoration" all I have is a border size and button size option, nothing else
      Motherboard:ASUS P5Q SE PLUS<br />Videocard:EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB<br />Ram:G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB)<br />Processor:Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz

Comment

You should have three other 'tabs' and the one you want is the 'Shadows' tab.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          You should have three other 'tabs' and the one you want is the 'Shadows' tab.
          Nope, don't have them, this is all I have:

And this is what the Configure Decoration window looks like:

Comment

What's your KDE version?

You can also change your Desktop Theme - say back to Oxygen - and then check the Windows Decorations again to see of the other tabs are present.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
              What's your KDE version?

You can also change your Desktop Theme - say back to Oxygen - and then check the Windows Decorations again to see of the other tabs are present.
              I think it's 4.6, but I really don't know, It's the version that came with the Maverick OS.

Comment

Boy do I fel like an idiot, I found out I'm using the dark translucent window decoration :P . Anyone know how I can modify that?

Comment

Just pick another - Oxygen - and Apply.

Comment

Originally posted by thelonegunmen
                    In this window, click Desktop Themes on the left side and you can select the theme. There should be a tab, too, that will allow you to control characteristics of the theme.

Also, I don't think KDE4.6 was shipped with 10.10 so for future reference, open any KDE application (e.g. dolphin) and under the help menu you'll find "about KDE" which will tell you your version.
                    Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200

Comment

You're right, it's 4.5.1, is 4.6 stable?

Comment

Many people are happy with 4.6.00. There are some issues and there's an ongoing discussion going on here.

I would recommend that you upgrade to at least 4.5.3, instructions for which are all over these forums and the internet. I'm happy with 4.5.3 and there are some important fixes over 4.5.1

I'm waiting until 11.04 is released to enjoy 4.6. I have it running in my virtual machine and it's pretty great.

Comment

Working...
                        X