X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop doesn't refresh

Hi,
    This is the problem: sometimes some parts of the desktop are not refreshed, so for example when I change tab on my browser I don't see the corresponding tab indicator highlined, almost not before moving the mouse on it (this causes window refresh, instead).
    It seems it happens when I force to activate desktop effects (I have that problem that makes effects automatically disabled on startup, too, and if I fix by disabling check on startup, this is the side effect).
    Any chance to understand which is the problem with my hardware (Intel GMA 4500M) and to resolve it?
    With 10.04 I had no such problems!

Re: Desktop doesn't refresh

i have the same issue.
    i'm still with 10.04 (actually upgraded only a few days ago).
    never had this issue before.
    my graphical card is a nvidia quadro fx 350m.
    and all the latest drivers are installed.

gnu/linux is not windoze

Comment

I'm also experiencing this problem with every program and in the desktop. Screen does not refresh until a mouse action. After mouse action graphic stuff begins to appear but disorderly.

This happens after upgrading to KDE 4.6.0. It's annoyig because, for example, when I try to select some text, graphic selection does not correspond to real selection. Or buttons and links do not show where they really are, or text cursor seems not to move visually while it does move for the system.

After upgrading, I can't change screen refresh rate, set to 59.9 as only option.

And in other issues, System seems not to recognize properly graphic, audio and battery hardware.

Comment

I've just activated the "Use VSync" option in Desktop Effects>Advanced>OpenGL Options and the problem seems to be solved.

Comment

Working...
        X