This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kaddressbook mailmerge

I have a requirement to generate some address labels using Kontact/Kaddressbook as the data source.

Any recommendations please as to the best way to do this using Kaddressbook (4.4.2) and OOo Writer (3.2.0).

I have tried running the OOo "data source wizard" but this does not find Kaddressbook (or any other source!).

All ideas gratefully received.

Re: kaddressbook mailmerge

From within Kontact, click on Contacts and then File > Export where you can select CSV or LDIF formats. Likely OOo can utilize either format.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks Snowhog. I was hopeful that OOo would connect directly to Kaddressbook but it seems that this is not the case. I believe the package openoffice.org-kab used to provide this functionality with kde3/OOo2 but with kde4/OOo3 and akonadi this no longer works and so is not available in the Lucid (k)ubuntu repositories.

As suggested, I ended up exporting my kaddressbook file as a csv spreadsheet and then registering that as a data source in OOo running on a Ubuntu/Gnome system. Seems to work fine.

Thanks again.

Comment

A bit more info...

Kubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx)
        KDE 4.4.2
        OpenOffice.org 3.2.0

1) Open "Address Book Data Source Wizard"

2) Only "Other external data source" button is shown

3) Click on "Next" (with or without above button selected) and error message for OpenOffice.org Base appears: "The connection to the external data source could not be established. No SDBC driver was found for the given URL."

4) Click on "More" and Error is expanded to "SQL Status: HY000 - The connection to the external data source could not be established. No SDBC driver was found for the given URL."

Running Ubuntu 10.04 (Gnome) with OOo 3.2.0 on a different PC, the data source wizard works as expected, showing the Evolution address book and allowing other sources, such as "Spreadsheet" to be registered.

Has anyone else seen this bug with OOo/KDE?
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X