This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE graphic anomalies

I am not exactly sure how to explain my problem, so I have a few pictures. I have one spot on my display that randomly gets different parts of the screen jumbled up on it. I have not found any way to reproduce it. This only happens in kubuntu (10.10 is what I have) I dual boot Windows 7 x64 with none of these issues. I have the current Nvidia drivers installed. Any suggestions?

Here is a collage of the affected area. It is the top portion or the screen, just left of center.

[img width=370 height=400]http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m362/7point62/UNIX/Anomaly.jpg[/img]

Re: KDE graphic anomalies

The images you posted are of the Firefox browser. Have you tired running Rekonq? Does it do the same thing?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: KDE graphic anomalies

Firefox just happened to be up when I was snapping pictures, if you look at the bottom, you will see it happening on a blank desktop. It happens with any program I have in that area.

Its like there is a 4x4 inch black hole on the monitor that weirdness happens, and its only in that spot and only in Kubuntu. When I move the mouse, or drag a window in another part of the screen, when its doing the anomaly (it doesnt happen all the time) I can see random parts of other parts of the screen copied into that Bermuda triangle of my screen.

Also, it happens using a live USB drive as well, so its not the current installation.

Comment

Working...
      X