Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keyboard shortcut to go up a directory level in dolphin/konquerer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard shortcut to go up a directory level in dolphin/konquerer?

I've just made the jump from ubuntu to kubuntu and I'm just getting used to the differences at the moment.

I'm a big productivity geek so I always look for the quickest way to do things. One thing I'm finding quite inconvenient is that in the kubuntu file browser, the backspace key will go back to the previous directory, NOT the directory above which it does in GNOME.

Here's an example of what might happen: I click on a shortcut to my Pictures folder. Suppose I then want to go to my home folder. Using nautilus on ubuntu, I would just press backspace and it will take me to the directory above (i.e home). On kubuntu this is not the case, I have to have visited the home folder before going into my pictures folder for backspace to take me there.

So my question is: is there keyboard shortcut to go up a directory level?
    If there is, what is it?

Thanks

Re: Keyboard shortcut to go up a directory level in dolphin/konquerer?

We need to know what version of Kubuntu, as well as the version of KDE, you are running.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Kubuntu 10.10
      KDE 4.5.1
      Dolphin 1.5
      Konqueror 4.5.1

Comment

Alt+Up Arrow

In Dolphin, Settings > Configure Shortcuts...
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X