This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.5 and YAWP

Since going to KDE 4.5 YAMP seems to be broken somewhat. Certain icons are missing. Any one else? If so, is their a fix?

Re: KDE 4.5 and YAWP

I updated KDE 4.5 from the PPA Saturday and it has been running well.

I have YAWP on my desktop and it, too, is running well. However, there appears to be certain descriptions from the weather vendor I am using that YAWP doesn't understand, so a question mark appears instead of a pic of the sun or clouds, etc.. IMO, it is not a KDE 4.5 problem since those question mark icons would appear from time to time since I began using YAWP a year ago.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Ever since going to 4.5 though certain weather forecast icons are now blanks spaces. I've never had that issue until KDE 4.5. Maybe I'll download from Rog's PPA to see if that fixes the issue.

Comment

...Maybe I'll download from Rog's PPA to see if that fixes the issue...
        My PPA plasma-widget-yawp is version 0.3.2 and it has superseded by the Ubuntu Lucid repo version. Both are build against the KDE 4.4 (> Topic: Plasma, plasmoids and short how to recover).

The newer version (0.3.3) can be found from the Ubuntu Maverick repositories > Ubuntu Launchpad >> plasma-widget-yawp package in Ubuntu. It has been build against the KDE 4.5 ( RC - ? - ten weeks ago). Earlier > Mixing different release (Kubuntu releases) plasmoid packages.

----Edit----

> Bug #623046: Sync plasma-widget-yawp 0.3.4-1 (universe) from Debian unstable (main)
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Thanks! Yes, I've mixed before with YAWP and never had issues so I'll try it again. I can always remove it.

Comment

No change. Still have missing weather forecast icons. Oh well.

Comment

Why don't you simply use the "Weather Forecast" widget? I just took a look at it, and it doesn't have any missing icons.
              Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

Didn't like past versions but that looked fairly well polished from the last time I looked at it. Still like the looks of YAWP. Picky, picky, picky. I know.

Comment

Something to try

If you make a new user does the new user have the same problem ?

i.e.

Is the problem with the user setting files (plasma/icon) or with the KDE installation.
                  Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
                  1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
                  2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Don't know about what a new user would see. Did not try that and probably would have shed light on the problem. I say "would have" because as of today, all icons for all cities I have configured now appear to be back. Odd. I've removed and added/reconfigured YAWP many times to my desktop with the same result. Now, there were updates I did yesterday that included some QT items. Maybe? IDK. Oh well. It's seemingly fixed.

Comment

Working...
                    X