This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panel won't span screens

This maybe answered somewhere but my searches have revealed nothing excepts lots of irrelevant hits...

I have two monitors and i am using nvidia twinview to get a single desktop. Under kde3 the kicker spanned both monitors _and_ kde understood the boundary so that windows resized to one monitor, snapped to the boundary etc.

Since moving to kubuntu / kde4 the panel (as I think the kicker is now called) won't grow beyond the size of one monitor which is very annoying.

Does anyone know how i can get a single panel 3200 pixels wide that spans both monitors?

Re: Panel won't span screens

Also having worked out how to get my desktop items back I can get them to cover only one physical screen (I can get them on both but you get two copies of everything). This is even more annoying than the "half a panel problem". Another problem is I have two cashews (one in the middle of the virtual screen). I have ihatethecashew running which works fine on my laptop but is confused and ineffective on this dual screen.

I think it is something to do with containments and I think kde4 has setup two (one for each screen) which is why options set for the left screen don't apply to the right screen. If I right click I have to option of deleting the "desktop activity" but this does nothing and the plasma-desktop-appletsrc is very confusing (for instance I have 2 containments for wallpaper).

I have also tried editing plasma-desktop-appletsrc to remove the offending containment and expand the left hand desktop containment to fill both physical screens - kde just ignores this and makes a new containment for the right hand screen. It is very annoying.

Anyone any clues?

Comment

Working...
    X