• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE SC 4.5.0

> Mailing List Archives

>> 4.5.0 Release Thursday:
    Hi all,

As it stands now, we'll get 4.5.0 out tomorrow, around mid-day in Europe...

>> KDE SC 4.5.0: Dolphin instable
    If possible, I think this should be mentioned in the release notes as known
    issue. A suggestion of the text might be: "Dolphin might be instable in KDE SC
    4.5.0, when tooltips or the information panel are enabled. A fix will be
    available for KDE SC 4.5.1."

Some background info:...
    (of course the Kubuntu dev's can patch the KDE 4.5 before the 4.5.1)
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Re: KDE SC 4.5.0

Over at Planet KDE, Aaron Seigo says the release has been postponed for a week.

http://planetkde.org/

Guess I better breath now. I've been holding my breath since sometime yesterday...
    linux since slack 2. kde since beta 1. kubuntu since hardy.

Comment

Yes, > 4.5.0 Delayed Until Tuesday, 10th August 2010:
      Hi all,

After discussing the amount of changes that have gone into the 4.5 branch
      post-RC3, the release team has decided to wait another couple of days for
      things to settle down and to re-tag the 4.5.0 release from branch in a bit
      more than an hour, at 1600 UTC. We'll push the further schedule for the 4.5
      series for 1 week as well. The current plan for 4.6.x is not affected...
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Originally posted by budr
        Over at Planet KDE, Aaron Seigo says the release has been postponed for a week.

http://planetkde.org/

Guess I better breath now. I've been holding my breath since sometime yesterday...
        The schedule has now been changed accordingly:
        http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KD...lease_Schedule

One more week to wait... perhaps RC3 should be released in the meantime, as the beta ppa still only has RC2 from the beginning of July.
        http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.5-rc3.php
        Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

The delay is WISE, and should continue until Dolphin runs without faults. It would be bad form and even worse publicity to release KDE 4.5 with a file manager that crashes all the time. I am running KDE 4.4.5 and it is rock sold stable for me. I will probably test 4.5 in my Maverick guestOS before I put it on my 10.4 installation.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
            The delay is WISE, and should continue until Dolphin runs without faults. It would be bad form and even worse publicity to release KDE 4.5 with a file manager that crashes all the time.
            It doesn't "crash all the time". I have tooltips enabled (which is the root of the problem, as they say), and even then it only crashed rarely. if you disabled tooltips, the reason for the crash would be gone.
            Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up, Yuri !
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuri sss
                The delay is WISE, and should continue until Dolphin runs without faults. It would be bad form and even worse publicity to release KDE 4.5 with a file manager that crashes all the time.
                It doesn't "crash all the time". I have tooltips enabled (which is the root of the problem, as they say), and even then it only crashed rarely. if you disabled tooltips, the reason for the crash would be gone.
                I have disabled tooltips and i suffer from crashes and freezes when selecting, copying, moving or deleting files. It's too unstable.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenix-TX
                  Originally posted by Yuri sss
                  I have disabled tooltips and i suffer from crashes and freezes when selecting, copying, moving or deleting files. It's too unstable.
                  i also have them disabled. but here dolphin works just fine... maybe its not related to tooltips afterall.
                  Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                  (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I too have TT disabled but ark occasionally crashed dolphin and I have to re login.

I concur with GG. Patience is a virtue
                    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                    4 GB Ram
                    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
                    X