This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tray new mail notification icon

Anyone has had any success finding and installing a new mail notification icon in Kubuntu 10.04 / Thunderbird 3.0.4? I've tried installing Thunderbird Biff 2.1.9 (compatible with TB3), but it does nothing when new mail arrives. Thanks.

Re: Tray new mail notification icon

It should do that out of the box without any installing anything.

Are you using the thunderbird version from the repositories?

Also check whether you have kmozillahelper installed, to improve kde integration of mozilla apps.

Comment

Originally posted by The Liquidator
      It should do that out of the box without any installing anything.
      I wasn't clear: it does show a balloon when new mail arrives, but I don't sit at the computer all the time, so I might miss it. There was a tray icon extension in Kubuntu 9.10 / TB 2 that did exactly that, but it no longer worked with 10.04 / TB3.

Are you using the thunderbird version from the repositories?
      Yes: thunderbird 3.0.4+nobinonly-0ubuntu4

Also check whether you have kmozillahelper installed, to improve kde integration of mozilla apps.
      I'll try that, thanks.

Comment

I suggest trying the Firetray addon

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thu...rd/addon/4868/

Only thing is with TB3 you have to right-click and select 'Restore All' to unhide the window when its hidden in the tray.

Comment

Originally posted by slush1000
          I suggest trying the Firetray addon
          Thanks, but it doesn't do what I want. First, it's always in the tray, and not only when new mail arrives. Second, it notifies you that new mail has arrived by constantly showing the number of unread messages. You have to somehow mentally track in your mind the last number, and take a glance at the tray from time to time to see if it has changed. See what I mean?

Comment

Working...
          X