This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

netbook version, cant remove plasma pages i have created

i made some desktops, some as folders, a new search page... now i cannot remove them. i am not give the option to remove any of them.

also if i try to change the page type, a NEW page is created instead of a change occuring to existing page.

help please

Re: netbook version, cant remove plasma pages i have created

bump... anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by h2sammo
      i made some desktops, some as folders, a new search page... now i cannot remove them. i am not give the option to remove any of them.

also if i try to change the page type, a NEW page is created instead of a change occuring to existing page.

help please
      Hello h2sammo,

Given your brief description (and I am assuming that you are using plasma-netbook interface which comes with kubuntu netbook remix, by default), it might be that your desktop(s)/Search and Launch interface(s) are locked. There should be a "cashew" on the bottom left or right of the screen. Click on it and there "unlock" your desktops. This should allow the "add page" and "delete page" options on the cashew menu/panel.

If this doesn't work, you can manually edit plasma-netbookrc file (it is located in /yourusername/home/.kde/share/config/) with Kate (KDE text editor) and delete the entries by hand. Or, if you can't decide which entries to deleye, then you can create a backup of that file and delete it completely. Don't worry, this won't harm your doucments, or other resources etc. By doing so, KDE Netbook interface will create the netbook desktop configuration file with default settings, at your next login.

Regards

Comment

thank you.

that file did not do it but i removed every file with plasma* from that folder and rebooted. now i am back to original. problem solved.

Comment

Working...
        X