This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resetting the menu

On one computer, I currently have Ubuntu 9.10 installed and I want to replace it with Kubuntu 10.04. I have /home on a separate partition so I can format the root partition and keep my files and settings. However, last time I tried to change from Gnome to KDE in this way, I had the unfortunate effect of extra icons in the main menu about programs that were installed when I was using Gnome that weren't in KDE (nor would I install again).

Does anyone know how I can prevent this from happening again? I presume it must be something I should delete from my home directory but I don't know what.

Re: Resetting the menu

Personally, I would make a backup of your /home directory. Then, when installing Kubuntu 10.04, format your /home partition as well. Give yourself a 'clean' installation of Kubuntu 10.04. Then, you can decide what portions of your backed up /home, if any, you want to copy back.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Resetting the menu

I decided to follow the advice. It's a good opportunity also to upgrade to ext4. Thanks for the idea

Comment

Working...
      X