Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disabling the Plus/Minus signs on files/folders.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disabling the Plus/Minus signs on files/folders.

Is there a way to disable to plus/minus signs on files/folders. They are used to add files/folders to a selection list. I prefer to just Shift or Ctrl Click and I find those signs get in the way.

Thanks

Re: Disabling the Plus/Minus signs on files/folders.

If you are referring to the folders in Dolphin, yes, you can turn them off.

Settings > General > Behavior > Ask For Confirmation When and uncheck Show selection marker
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Well yes and no. The ones in Dolphin are annoying too, but I want to get rid of the ones on the Desktop in Folder View, those are more annoying.

Comment

As to the other, related question concerning the Folder View widget, I don't think you can.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Theriex
          The ones in Dolphin are annoying too, but I want to get rid of the ones on the Desktop in Folder View, those are more annoying.
          AFAIK there's no configuration option for this, but you can probably do that by editing your plasma theme and changing the corresponding graphic file (action-overlays.svg[z]) into a completely transparent svg.

Comment

Working...
          X