This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tragedy 2.0.1 Plasma Theme

I have been in correspondence with the author of this Plasma Theme since I first installed it. It's a dark theme (and I like a good dark theme), but Lancelot had 'issues' using it in KDE 4.4.1. Long story short, he got it fixed and posted the update at Tragedy 2.0.1. I highly recommend it. I am also using the Tragedy Window Decorations (Aurorae Decorations Theme Engine) which makes for a very nice look to everything.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Tragedy 2.0.1 Plasma Theme

Tragedy is my current plasma theme and it's my favorite by far. Really awesome looks. Don't like the window decoration as much; I prefer having a contrasting decoration rather than one that just blends in, though the buttons are very nice. The theme matches really well with the "login scan" splash screen, since the decoration has the same geometry. Complement the whole thing with the black oxygen icon theme, and you get a really slick dark desktop. Haven't found a matching KDM theme yet though.

Processor: AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core @ 4.00GHz (8 Cores,) Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0, Memory: 32768MB
    Disk: 2000GB ST2000DM001-9YN1 + 1000GB ST31000340AS, Network: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411
    Graphics: ASUS AMD Radeon HD 7850, Audio: C-Media CMI8788, Monitor: S220HQL

Comment

For myself, I don't like 'dark' icon themes. My desktop background is it self a dark image - see my postings in the Image Gallery here - and so, dark icons get lost on the Panel. I run the standard Oxygen Icons, which stand out nicely on my Panel.

Comment

Very nice, thankx snowhog.

The problem with aurorae (for me) is that it doesn't support tabbed windows (yet) at least afaik.
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Well, we can't have everything -- yet.

Comment

Working...
          X