X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

networkmanager widget-Solved sort of

Kde 4.4 sc

Anyone know where the networkmanager widget is so I can add it to the panel.
    I use wireless on my desktop and would like to see if I;m connected or not.

Thanks

I did a mv .kde and now it shows the network manager wiget in the bottom panel.

I Still do not know where it came from since I don;t see any networkmanager wiget in add wigets

Re: networkmanager widget-Solved sort of

If I understand correct what you are looking for is the network icon in the systemtray* ? You can add and remove components from the systemtray* by rightclicking on it (mind not to click on the components - kmixer, klipper etc) and choose settings, make sure that the plasma desktop isn't 'locked' and you should be able to tick which components/icons you wish to see - network, kmixer, bluetooth etc.

*I'm not on a english box atm so translations may be wrong
    ASUS M4A87TD | AMD Ph II x6 | 12 GB ram | MSI GeForce GTX 560 Ti (448 Cuda cores)
    Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.x (x86_64) - Debian "Squeeze" KDE 4.(5x) (x86_64)
    Acer TimelineX 4820 TG | intel i3 | 4 GB ram| ATI Radeon HD 5600
    Kubuntu 12.10 KDE 4.10 (x86_64) - OpenSUSE 12.3 KDE 4.10 (x86_64)
    - Officially free from windoze since 11 dec 2009
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Support KFN <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

When I upgrade to kde 4.4.1 I lost the networkmanger wiget grom my bottom panel.
      I checked Synaptic and the networkmanger widget shows that it is installed. I did check all the system tray settings and they were ok. In either 9/04 or 9.10 using kde 4.3 there was a networkmanger widget that you could add to the panel. I couldnet fin the widget under kde 4.4.1. By doing a mv .kde and creating a new .kde the networkmanager appeared in the bottom panel . I still don't see any way that you can manually add the networkmanager widget.

Comment

In general, if you have the widget, you should be able to add it to your widget list by clicking "Get New Widgets" and then "Install widget from local file"

Please Read Me

Comment

If you right mouse in the system tray in an area between the icons, a dialog while appear. Choose "system tray settings".

On the "Auto Hide" panel set the icons to the way you want them to be showing or not showing.

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

The system tray settings were fine. It seems to me something got hosed up when I went to kde 4.4.1 .
            When I did a mv .kde to kdeold the networkmanage wiget was there. I was jusr saying udere kde 4.3 or 4.2
            I don't remember which one I could select the networkmanager widget and add or remove it. Under kde 4.4.1
            When I go to add widgets I do not see a networkmanager widget. In 4.4.1 it did show under system tray auto hide but did not appear in the panel even though I set it to always visible.

Comment

Working...
            X