Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[solved] amarok equalizer manual settings - where?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[solved] amarok equalizer manual settings - where?

I have the most recent amarok, v. 2.2.2, current in karmic.
    The equalizer works, except that, when I select "manual", I can't find where to adjust it.
    It works in Lucid, but I sure can't find the adjustment screen. Any hints?
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Re: amarok equalizer manual settings - where?

Works here in Karmic, also running Amarok 2.2.2.90. Clicking on Tools > Equalizer brings up the GE. Select Manual and all the slider controls become adjustable.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Well, something is wrong here then. I have whatever version is current in the repositories, unless there is a repository I don't know about (possible). Selecting Manual brings up nothing.

Alternatively, is there an in-line equalizer for ALSA somewhere? That might be better, as I could adjust audio for games, etc.
      We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

I added ppa:kubuntu-ppa/beta to my sources list, updated the package cache, and then ran sudo apt-get upgrade amarok. This is how I got to 2.2.2.90. Did that last night. Equalizer worked, and still does.

Comment

I added ppa:kubuntu-ppa/beta
          Yep, that was the problem. I had it commented out. The version in the beta repo works fine. Thanks.

Comment

Re: [solved] amarok equalizer manual settings - where?

Sherlock Tux - another case solved. 8)

Comment

Working...
            X