This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FIXED] Konqueror behavior since KDE 4.4.0 upgrade

Konqueror is exhibiting the annoying behavior of 'blanking/reloading/blanking' the screen when it's loading web pages. Not all web pages, and not all the time, but frequent enough that it is noticeable. This wasn't happening 'pre-KDE 4.4.0' and I don't know why it is happening, or if there is something I can tweak to stop it.

Any one else experiencing this?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Konqueror behavior since KDE 4.4.0 upgrade

I hadent notesed this becose I usualey use firefox but yup it's doing it hear to ......just every now and then a quick flicker of thare not thare thare agin wlie a page is loading .......?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I have the blinking and yes it is very annoying
      When you stop learning you die.

Comment

A new kernel came down yesterday - 2.6.31-20. After installing it, and rebooting, I've noticed that the 'flickering' in Konqueror is no more. On the 3rd (February) there was a slew of updates, but I don't remember if the flickering in Konqueror was fixed by those - I don't believe it was.

No matter, the flickering is gone (that I've noticed so far), so I'm happy.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X