This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FIXED] Konqueror behavior since KDE 4.4.0 upgrade

Konqueror is exhibiting the annoying behavior of 'blanking/reloading/blanking' the screen when it's loading web pages. Not all web pages, and not all the time, but frequent enough that it is noticeable. This wasn't happening 'pre-KDE 4.4.0' and I don't know why it is happening, or if there is something I can tweak to stop it.

Any one else experiencing this?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Konqueror behavior since KDE 4.4.0 upgrade

I hadent notesed this becose I usualey use firefox but yup it's doing it hear to ......just every now and then a quick flicker of thare not thare thare agin wlie a page is loading .......?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I have the blinking and yes it is very annoying
      When you stop learning you die.

Comment

A new kernel came down yesterday - 2.6.31-20. After installing it, and rebooting, I've noticed that the 'flickering' in Konqueror is no more. On the 3rd (February) there was a slew of updates, but I don't remember if the flickering in Konqueror was fixed by those - I don't believe it was.

No matter, the flickering is gone (that I've noticed so far), so I'm happy.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X