This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contacts 'gone' after upgrade to KDE 4.4.0

My contacts (address book) are 'gone' since the upgrade to KDE 4.4.0. When I first launched Kontact, Akonadi Server Self-Test ran and reported MySQL errors (I saved the report). Closed Kontact and relaunched it and I can now click on the Contacts icon and the right pane shows three columns - Address Books (with two std.vcf 'files'); Name (with nothing listed); and a blank column.

Any way to get my contacts back? What must I do to get Akonadi working fully?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Contacts 'gone' after upgrade to KDE 4.4.0

What must I do to get Akonadi working fully?
    I am wondering about that as well.

I am getting something similar.

When starting kontact I get a nepomuk deactivated message with a link to the akonadi site which is not at all helpfull.

I am syncing with gmail / Gcal so I can also sync with my android phone.

I have to restart the gcal / gcontact resources manually every time I log in again.

Minor pain, but a pain never the less.

Edit:
    After reboot get this when opening Kontact:
    Attached Files
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

I am getting same errors as Fintan.

I lost all but two of my contacts, not sure why two survived.

Any fixes or more test I can try?

Dave

Using Kubuntu 17.10 64Bit

Comment

I have been getting the same errors
        hopefully someone can help
        When you stop learning you die.

Comment

The 'report' that Fintan posted is what I get as well. I've two of them now; one from yesterday, and one this evening.

A user should not have to worry about configuring/setting up a MySQL server - I don't have the knowledge or understanding to do so, and I'm a knowledgeable PC user. One definitely shouldn't have to do so just to have access to their email address book.

This is what Kontact presents when first launched with this issue.

This is my Akonadi Server Self-Test results as of this evening.
          Attached Files

Comment

Well, I've sorta solved this. I removed (sudo apt-get remove) kmail, which removes:

akregator kaddressbook kmail knotes kontact korganizer libkdepim4

I then rebooted. Then I installed (sudo apt-get install) kontact. I still get the Akonada Server Self-Test report showing the error with mySQL when I launch Kontact, and clicking on Contacts gives the grayed screen with the Akonadi error. However, I can see my Address Book and Personal Contacts in the Address Book column. Closing Kontact, and restarting allows access to Contacts. Clicking on Personal Contacts in the Address Book column shows all my contacts in the Names column, and clicking on any of the contacts displays the contact information in the last column.

Not perfect, but at least this does make the Address Book and Personal Contacts visible and accessible.

Comment

This is on http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi

Table 'mysql. servers' doesn't exist

If MySQL server log contains the following error:

[ERROR] Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist
              [ERROR] Cannot open mysql.db
              [ERROR] Cannot open mysql.user
              [ERROR] Cannot open mysql.event

then, most probably, you don't have your MySQL configuration file in place. Copy it from /usr/share/config/akonadi/mysql-global.conf into ~/.config/akonadi/mysql-local.conf. (For debian and openSuSE users the file ist located in /etc/akonadi/mysql-global.conf). Then open it and uncomment the line sql_mode=strict_trans_tables. If, after that, you get the following errors:

[ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' init function returned error.
              [ERROR] Plugin 'InnoDB' registration as a STORAGE ENGINE
              failed.
              [ERROR] Unknown/unsupported table type: innodb
              [ERROR] Aborting

then in the same file find the line that starts just like the one above (which you have uncommented), but has additional parameters, separated by commas (something like sql_mode=strict_trans_tables,strict_all_tables, ...etc). Comment the shorter sql_mode=... line and uncomment the longer one.

Will give it a go to what errors it fixes.
              it also says

Environment Setup

The Akonadi server searches for Akonadi agents and resources in the paths defined in the XDG_DATA_DIRS environment variable. If Akonadi complains about not finding agents or resources, check if this variable is set correctly. Also keep in mind that even if set in a current console session, it might not have been set when starting the server. Starting the server manually in the current console session excludes this cause.

not sure where to look to see if this is the case though!

If anyone knows i'll give it a go.

Dave
              Using Kubuntu 17.10 64Bit

Comment

Working...
              X