This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Aspire One D250

I have it on good authority that at the end of this month I will recieve a brand new Acer Aspire One D250. My only issue is that it comes with MS XP. Does anyone know if it will support Kubuntu and KDE?

Thanks
    Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Re: Acer Aspire One D250

download a live disk and pop it in, if it does not have a cd drive you can use unetbooting to create a bootable usb drive from the cd (an sd card in a usb card reader would work too)
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Sith, but I am hoping that someone has some real-world experience with this combination.

I don't know about you but I have found that what happens with a live CD may not be what happens with an actual install.
      Kubuntu 11.10<br />KDE 4.7.3<br />Athlon XP 2000<br />512 MB RAM<br />ATI 64MB Video<br />~11 year old system still kicking :&gt

Comment

The crucial issue is whether any *buntu will run on an Atom N270 processor. I believe that it will, but I have no personal experience to support that belief.

Comment

AspireOne - Community Ubuntu Documentation
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

i have installed kubuntu (then ubuntu netbook) on to a friend of mine's aspireONE, i don't know the exact model but if it helps its was from the first batch of them (last year) with a 160 GB NON ssd drive. if the live cd works changes are that the installed version will also work.
            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Thanks Snowhog,
              That link may be helpful.

Comment

Working...
              X