X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] Amarok 2 and audio CDs

Amarok/wiki/FAQ
    How do I play audio-CDs

Amarok 2 does not currently support audiocd playback.
    A music player that doesn't play music CDs! When a new release of an older application removes functionality, that isn't a move forward guys! When you visit Amarok's Main Page - Amarok | Redisover music! you are told:
    Amarok is a powerful music player for Linux and Unix, MacOS X and Windows with an intuitive interface. It makes playing the music you love and discovering new music easier than ever before - and it looks good doing it!

Discover what Amarok has to offer.
    and:
    The collection has seen a lot of changes and bug fixes: Scanning has improved and is now much faster and more accurate, the import of the Amarok 1.4 database has been improved and you can use an external MySQL database now, too. Insert an Audio CD and it will show up in the Collection Browser, allowing you to play directly from the CD or to copy the CD content to your collection. The same applies to media devices: UMS devices show up in the Collection browser, as do various other media players.
    Following the download link, you find out that for Amarok 2.2 in Kubuntu:
    Stable version: Amarok 2.2
    Kubuntu 9.10 the "Karmic Koala" will include Amarok 2.2 as its default Audio player!
    Jaunty packages are not planned at the moment. You can use NEON if you wish.
    So, version 2.2 gives us the ability to play our music CDs. I'm running Jaunty. I'd like to utilize Amarok 2.2 in Jaunty. Can I do so without issues? Is it simply a matter of adding the karmic repository, or will 2.2 conflict with libraries that Jaunty uses?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Amarok 2 and audio CDs

i think that the reasons there are not packages for
    jaunty are the dep problems it would have.

try project neon
    https://edge.launchpad.net/~project-neon/+archive/ppa

Comment

Re: Amarok 2 and audio CDs

Thank you. Followed the instructions and am now listening to my music CDs with Amarok
      Version 2.2-GIT-NEON Using KDE 4.2.2 (KDE 4.2.2) 8)

Now I just have to figure out how to get it to display the album art that is embedded in the CDs.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X