Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Solved] Can you Customize Individual Desktops in Kubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Can you Customize Individual Desktops in Kubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty)?

System
    HP Pavilion 061 with dual boot, Kubuntu Jaunty 9.04 & Windows XP Professional SP3
    model#: PU061AV
    X-86 based PC
    AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+1.79GHz
    1.25 GB of RAM
    Video:NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (dedicated)
    hard drive: Maxtor 6Y080M0, 60GB

Any one know if you can customize each individual desktop that you have added in system settings/desktop-settings/multiple-desktops?

For example, I currently have 4 different desktops. But when I change an attribute under one desktop, I get the same change across all 4 desktops. I would like to have different wallpaper & widgets for each desktop. Is there a way to do that?

System<br />HP Pavilion 061 with dual boot,&nbsp; Kubuntu Lucid 10.04 &amp; Windows XP Professional SP3<br />model#: PU061AV<br />X-86 based PC<br />AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+1.79GHz<br />2 GB of RAM<br />Video:NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (dedicated)<br />hard drive: Maxtor 6Y080M0, 60GB

Re: Can you Customize Individual Desktops in Kubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty)?

Check this:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...5026#msg195026

Comment

Super Cool 8)

Thanks dibl...

Check out my pic.... http://www.kubuntuforums.net/index.p...o_show&ida=260

I did happen to lose my desktop folder view in the process. You wouldn't happen to know, off the top of your head, how to get that back would you?
      System<br />HP Pavilion 061 with dual boot,&nbsp; Kubuntu Lucid 10.04 &amp; Windows XP Professional SP3<br />model#: PU061AV<br />X-86 based PC<br />AMD Athlon 64 processor 3200+1.79GHz<br />2 GB of RAM<br />Video:NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (dedicated)<br />hard drive: Maxtor 6Y080M0, 60GB

Comment

Choose the desktop(s) you want and right click->unlock widgets->add widget->folderview->configure to your likings
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by bhamm77

Thanks dibl...

Check out my pic....
          Nice one! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
          X