This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED - Font rendering issue?

I'm not running Kubuntu at the moment - booted into my sidux Πόντος partition - running KDE 4.3.00. When I visit Ubuntuforums, the pages don't display fonts correctly (see image attached). I have a feeling that it is due to one or more missing packages, but I don't know which ones. Any suggestions? Any one else noticing this difference when visiting Ubuntuforums vs Kubuntuforums (where pages are displayed correctly - always).

Thank you.

Update: Well, using Iceweasel 3.0.12 to access Ubuntuforums, the pages all render correctly. I looked at the Character encoding Iceweasel is using - Western (ISO-8859-1) and compared that to what Konqueror is using - Default. So, I changed Konqueror to use Wester (ISO-8859-1), cleared the cache, and reloaded the Ubuntuforums site. No difference. In Konqueror, with the same character set that Iceweasel is using, pages don't render the fonts correctly.
    Attached Files
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Font rendering issue?

Mmm, you mean you removed the cache in /var/tmp/kdecache-$USER ? This helps sometimes ...

Comment

Didn't help. (I just tried your suggestion and restarted Konqueror and went to Ubuntuforums)

Comment

Hi,
        I think this is not a great issue. Try to delete the cookies in your browser's history may help to get out of this problem. You may try it. It may work well for you. It seems you to render your font problems.

Comment

I believe I discovered the problem, and solution to this.

First, as originally stated, I (was) experiencing this problem when running my sidux Πόντος partition - running KDE 4.3.00. Today, I rebooted into my Kubuntu Intrepid Ibex and reviewed the fonts setting in Konqueror > Settings > Configure Konqueror > Appearance > Fonts as compared to the same when running Konqueror in sidux Πόντος. I noticed that there were more listed fonts in Konqueror under II than in sidux. Hmm. Then I thought about the Microsoft Fonts - msttcorefonts - and wondered if that was the 'missing piece' of the puzzle. So, I installed msttcorefonts in sidux Πόντος, restarted Konqueror, and voila, no more font rendering issues!

So, if you are getting incorrectly rendered fonts on certain web sites, you might check to see that you have the msttcorefonts package installed.

Comment

Working...
          X