X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead key engaged, but Regional&Language settings show no active layout

Hello,

I have a keyboard layout with dead key (['] character) enabled right now. Couple of months back, when installed my laptop with Jaunty, I guess I've set up it in the Settings/Regional&Language. I don't remember clearly, but I don't think there is other typical way how to configure ones keyboard.

Haven't been visiting there since, but today I needed to do some adjustments, and I've found out that I have "disable keyboard layouts" setting active there. That's surprising, because the dead key is active and I can type special characters in my language (Latvian) using it.

I wouldn't like to mess up my keyboard config by just going on and enabling the kbd layout and setting up the language, etc, so I am doing this post right now. I'd like to find out how my kbd is rewired right now (a shell command that gives info on keyboard mappings? All programs that fully capture keyboard clicks?), however I am worried that if such command would return correct info, then the Settings/Regional&Language applet would display correct information for me.

Thanks!

-- Passiday
Working...
X