Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good OSX widgets / Google gadgets / etc that work with KDE 4?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any good OSX widgets / Google gadgets / etc that work with KDE 4?

So, although in the process of doing so I took apart my 13" laptop that was my only in-use KDE4 machine, I now have 4.3/Jaunty running just fine on my netbook (an Acer Aspire One).

Then it occurs to me, ages ago support was added for OSX widgets, and there are tons out there. Not to mention the support for other non-plasma-"natives" like Google Gadgets. Now, I have no doubt that for many things there's a plasmoid that does the job cleaner and better, but there's an entire set of other worlds opened up by plasma's interoperability. So does anyone have an recommendations? Any hits or misses?

Re: Any good OSX widgets / Google gadgets / etc that work with KDE 4?

I would also like to know if anyone has recommendations
    Most important laptop specs (this is my main computer, with Kubuntu on it):<br /><br />4096MB RAM (DDR2)<br />500GB Hard Disk<br />ATI Mobility Radeon 4570HD Videocard with 512MB GDDR3 RAM, up to 2280MB VRAM<br />Intel® Core™ 2 Duo-processor T6600<br /><br />OS: Kubuntu 10.10

Comment

Re: Any good OSX widgets / Google gadgets / etc that work with KDE 4?

As far as I can tell, the rumored support for OS X widgets never quite got done.

Now Google Gadgets on the other hand, will run on the desktop in 9.10. The trouble is, they're just so dumb. I found nothing useful in them, anyway. YMMV of course. They do work though, at least I got them working.

Now if the OS X widgets make it someday, that would be great. Infrant wrote a nice one that monitors the the state of your Infrant NAS that I use all the time in Windows. Looking forward to the day I can use that in KDE...

Comment

Working...
      X