This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login Screen Shot

the kdm theme makers well a bit weird however . I am able to make anything id like. so looked here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=31259 and like they said i d/l xnest . it always says i have a xserver

Fatal server error:
    Server is already active for display 0
    If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
    and start again.
    running and doesn't help any ideas??

Re: Login Screen Shot

I thought the instructions in post 9 of the thread you referenced were pretty clear.

Comment

works well i suppose if gdm is your load manager . kdm is the manager i have installed but i will retry. i did install root which is odd software . now every time i type root that program starts. ill install image magic and get back to you

Comment

By the "MoonRise" > How to install and use Xephyr / Make Screen Shot of LogIn screen

With the Jaunty i get the:
        Fatal server error:
        XDMCP fatal error: Session failed Session 323520001 failed for display fe80::20e:a6ff:fe4c:5b93:1: cannot open display
        Earlier (i have not tried this) > Re: [SOLVED] Screenshot of Login Screen? - XDMCP

"MoonRise" / Fatal server error: XDMCP fatal error:
        For me all I wanted to do was get a screen shot of my custom logins. So quiting knetworkmanager, killing the NetworkManagerD and NetworkManager processes and then disabling the NIC from System Settings allowed my desktop to use zephyr and xnest. For the laptop, all I did was quit knetworkmanager and disabled the NIC. Do not know if the laptop had those processes running, didn't check into that until I looked at the desktop. This should help those having similar problems and for me this will be considered SOLVED.
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

My apologies. I forgot that I was using gdm!

Comment

chvt 7 ; sleep 5 ; XAUTHORITY=/var/lib/gdm/:0.Xauth DISPLAY=:0.0 import -window root gdm-screenshot.png; chvt 2 this works ok except it says it cant display 0.0
            its crazy and
            Xephyr -query localhost -screen 800x600 :1
            [dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic, removing from list!
            unrecognised device identifier!
            (EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed (2)
            XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"
            after 50 requests (50 known processed) with 7 events remaining.

same with xest
            olf@powertoynix:/tmp$ Xnest

Fatal server error:
            Server is already active for display 0
            If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
            and start again.

wolf@powertoynix:~$

chvt 7 ; sleep 5 ; XAUTHORITY=/var/lib/gdm/:0.Xauth DISPLAY=:0.0 import -window root gdm-screenshot.png; chvt 2
            Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console
            import: unable to open image `gdm-screenshot.png': Permission denied @ magick/blob.c/OpenBlob/2418.
            Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console

Comment

Working...
            X