This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok 1.4.10-3+b1 in KDE 4.2.2 issues

Running KDE 4.2.2. Amarok version 1.4.10-3+b1 (package version) installed. I add a media device to Amarok and set it as an MTP Media Device. When I connect my SanDisk e280 MP3 player and click on Connect in Amarok, it 'sees' the player and lists the contents in the left window (Play Lists). But that's all that Amarok will do! There is no way to get the contents into the right window, and thus, no way to actually play songs from my SanDisk. This wasn't an issue prior to upgrade to KDE 4.2.2 - Amarok played songs from my SanDisk just fine while in KDE 3.5.10.

What am I missing?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Amarok 1.4.10-3+b1 in KDE 4.2.2 issues

Huh.

Somehow I got Amarok 2.something. It is a nightmare of complexity -- for a guy who only wants to play a song.

Bottom line -- I'm using alsaplayer and guess what? It plays my songs!

Comment

Yes, Amarok 2 is still 'beta' from what I hear, and as such, it has problems. I'm not dying without having my MP3 player working with Amarok on my laptop, so I'll just wait until Amarok 2 becomes final and shows up as an upgrade.

I've always got my CD's, and Amarok plays those just fine.

Comment

I'm not sure if this the same problem but with the Jaunty > Threads in (Ubuntu) Forum : Jaunty Jackalope Testing and Discussion >> Can't mount sandisk player

...and a bug report > Sandisk Sansa e250 won't connect
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Thanks Rog131

Looks like the 'temporary fix' doesn't last. But the bug is confirmed, so I'll wait for what should be a forth coming fix.

Comment

Working...
          X