This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taskbar anolomy

Often the widgets on my taskbar (for lack of a better word) black out. This happens whether desktop effects are on or off. Most often the icons that get blacked out are the volume and clipboard ones but sometimes it happens to any number or even all of them.

Any idea what causes it or how to fix it? I tried to attach a screenshot but the file limit size won't let me know and I'm truly terrible at image manipulation to be able to shrink it.

Rob

Re: taskbar anolomy

If you are using pre-180.xx nvidia proprietary driver, that is likely your problem.

http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=157017

Comment

yea that would be the problem. Kubuntu's "hardware drivers" from K menu has 177 (Recommended) as the highest version. So that means I have to install the latest from the nvidia site.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Robocoastie
        yea that would be the problem. Kubuntu's "hardware drivers" from K menu has 177 (Recommended) as the highest version. So that means I have to install the latest from the nvidia site.

Rob
        Sorry, no time for better instructions, but no, you don't need to install from teh nvidia site... I believe you can just search in Synaptic or Adept for "nvidia" and install the nvidia-180-something" package and it will appear as an option in Hardware Drivers. At least that was my experience.

Comment

aye that worked. oddly enough just an apt-get upgrade nvidia did not work although it did download 4 packages. But manually choosing 180 in synaptic did and that seems to have solved the problem.

thanks!

Rob

Comment

Working...
          X